August 13, 2021
As announced by the Government of Alberta earlier today, students across the province will return to school this fall with minimal restrictions. In addition, classroom and school activities such as sports and extracurricular activities will now be permitted.
MHCBE is committed to keeping staff, students and families safe as we return to in-class learning. Here are a few best practices we will continue in our schools during the 2021-2022 school year:
- We ask that staff and students screen daily for symptoms using the Alberta Health Daily Checklist and isolate if they have core symptoms or test positive for COVID-19.
- Staff and students will not be required to wear masks in school buildings at this time, but our schools will continue to offer a supportive environment for anyone who chooses to wear a mask at school.
- Masking will be required for all students riding the school bus until September 27, as per Government direction.
- School busses will continue using seating plans in order to limit contact on the school bus. All school buses will be disinfected daily.
- Regular hand washing will continue to be implemented at each school and schools will continue using their hand sanitizer stations at the entry of the building and outside of each classroom.
- All school buildings will be deep cleaned each night and high touch surfaces cleaned throughout the school day.
It is our hope that students and families are comfortable and eager to return to the classroom with the proper health measures in place.