In May of 2022, the Board of Trustees submitted a revised version of the 2022-2025 Three-Year Capital Plan to Alberta Education. The revisions included a request to build a new K-9 Catholic school, which included a theatre and physical literacy space. The design funding was approved by the Alberta Government on March 1, 2023.
Division representatives began meeting with Alberta Infrastructure in September 2023 and will continue to do so on a bi-weekly basis through the design stage until construction funding is approved by Alberta Infrastructure (anticipated in early 2024).
The Board of Trustees is committed to regular communication with our stakeholders regarding the project and will share updates regularly on our New School Project Updates
Phase Duration from Prime Consultant Contract Award
- Pre-Design & Schematic Design 5 months (Jan 20, 2024)
- Design Development 3 months (April 20, 2024)
- Contract Document and Coordination 4 months (August 20, 2024)
- Tendering 3 months (Nov20, 2024)
- Construction 22 months (Sept 20, 2026)
TOTAL Months: 37 Months (subject to change)