Who Can my child talk to at school?
Each of our Catholic schools has regular access to Wellness Facilitators (Community Coming Together) and counselling support in their school buildings. Our School Liaison Counsellor (SLC) Team is connected to each school in our division to provide support to students and their families. SLCs are able to connect families to external community resources as needed.
If you believe your child is in need of support, please contact your school principal and they will connect you with the proper intervention.
Resources for families
- Can We Talk? (sponsored website with more resources)
- Canadian Mental Health (CMHA) Workshops
- Alberta Crisis Text Line - Text CONNECT to 741741
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 or Text CONNECT to 686868
- Alberta Mental Health Help Line 1-877-303-2642 (24 hrs)
- Distress Centre 403-266-HELP (4357)
- ConnecTeen: 403-264-8336 (24 hrs) or text 587-333-2724 (daytime) or online chat at
- Health link at 8-1-1
- If it is an emergency please contact 9-1-1