NEW: School Bus RegistrationPosted on
As part of our response to school re-entry for the 2020-21 school year, the Medicine Hat Catholic Board of Education is implementing mandatory School Bus Registration for all students requiring transportation. This new registration process will help to ensure proper physical distancing measures are in place and will help assess the utilization of buses and assist with contact tracing. This information may also be used to help with assigned seating in the future.
Parents and guardians of students who require bussing for the 2020-21 school year and who are eligible for transportation, will be required to register their child for school bus transportation using PowerSchool. School bus registration will open Tuesday, August 4, 2020 and will close on Friday, August 14.
1️⃣ Log in to PowerSchool Parent Portal
2️⃣ Click the SchoolEngage tab
3️⃣ Fill out the School Bus Registration and submit
1️⃣ Log in to SchoolEngage
2️⃣ Fill out the School Bus Registration and submit
Eligibility for bussing is as follows:
- Elementary: Students who live 1.2 kms or more from their designated school are eligible for transportation to their designated school.
- Middle & High School: Students who live 2.4 kms or more from their designated school are eligible for transportation to their designated school.
- Students with special needs: Contact Learning Services 403.502.8365 for transportation eligibility.
- Redcliff: Students transported to St. Michael’s School, St. Mary’s School and Monsignor McCoy High School, unless in a division-wide program.
- Desert Blume: Students transported to St. Patrick’s School, Notre Dame Academy, St. Mary’s School and Monsignor McCoy High School, unless in a division-wide program.
- Dunmore: Students transported to École St. John Paul II School, St. Mary’s School & Monsignor McCoy High School, unless in a division-wide program.
- Division -Wide Programming: Transportation is provided for eligible students in the following division-wide programs:
- K-6 French Immersion at École St. John Paul II School
- 7-9 French Immersion at St. Mary’s School
- 6-9 Sports Academy at Notre Dame Academy
- 7-9 Fine Arts Academy at St. Mary’s School
- Monsignor McCoy High School
Please be sure your child is registered prior to Friday, August 14, 2020. This registration deadline is to ensure all students requiring transportation are accounted for prior to the start of the school year. Students who are not registered by August 14 may be unable to ride the bus due to bus capacity issues.
The Medicine Hat Catholic Board of Education continues to work closely with Southland Transportation to create a safe and positive school bus experience for students, families and school bus drivers. Questions regarding this new registration process may be directed to our Transportation department at 403-502-8351 or via email at email@example.com.