Halloween Safety TipsPosted on
While Halloween is an exciting time for all, it is important to educate and remind children about the importance of safety while trick-or-treating.
Here are a few simple tips to ensure everyone has a safe and fun Halloween:
- Children should trick or treat in groups in a familiar neighbourhood.
- Younger children should be accompanied by a trusted adult who accompanies them to the door of every home they approach.
- Review road safety rules with your child, such as looking both ways before crossing the road and create a specific route for children to follow. Stay on side of the street and then cross over at the end of the block. Avoid crisscrossing the street.
- Carry a flashlight for extra visibility and only visit homes where the lights have been turned on.
- Remind children to never enter a stranger’s home or vehicle.
- Ensure children are dressed for the weather and that their costumes are easily visible by incorporating bright colors and reflective taped.
- Avoid masks with limited visibility or use face paint instead.
- Inspect all candy received and throw away any unwrapped or unsealed items.
Happy Halloween from our MHCBE family to yours. Have fun and be SAFE!