COVID-19 Division Update - November 24Posted on
As you may be aware, on Tuesday, November 24 the Government of Alberta declared a public health emergency and shared new mandatory public health measures that will be implemented across the province. The full list of new enhanced public health measures in Alberta can be found here.
Here are a few key points families may want to know:
- Early Learning - Grade 6 classes will continue in-person (including grade 6 at Notre Dame Academy). Regular cleaning/sanitizing, hand washing, masking, cohorting and physical distancing will continue in our school buildings. A friendly reminder that families must still be mindful of the Daily Health Checklists and not send children to school if they are feeling unwell.
- Grades 7-12 will begin online classes effective Monday, November 30. School-specific instructions for students at Monsignor McCoy High School, Notre Dame Academy and St. Mary’s School will be sent to families by Friday, November 27.
- Teachers and support staff (grades 7-12) will be working with students online/virtually and will provide a completely virtual education as per scenario 3. Students are expected to be in attendance for online learning.
- Personal devices for students can be purchased through Staples. More information about personally owned Chromebooks can be found on our website.
- As per our division calendar, there will be no school for students from December 18- January 3, 2021.
- All students will return to school online for the week of January 4 - 8, 2021.
- All students will return to class in-person on Monday, January 11, 2021.
We understand that there are many questions at this time and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this transition together. As always, staff and student safety and well being is our first priority. We will continue to share updates with families as we receive more information.
Superintendent of Schools
Medicine Hat Catholic Board of Education