On June 5, six exemplary students from our division were honoured with the Chief Earl Leadership Legacy Fund Scholarship.
Recognizing Grade 6 students, the Chief Earl awards are given to those who demonstrate leadership qualities in concert with the Medicine Hat Police Service's core values: integrity, respect, courage and accountability.
The Legacy Fund was established in 2008 to celebrate Chief Gord Earl's contributions to the community and honour his memory. Since then 187 students have been recognized, including 22 this year. The fund is administered through the Community Foundation of Southeastern Alberta and sponsored by the Medicine Hat Safe Community Association and MHPS.
We are so proud of this year's recipients, including the following six from our division:
- Mother Teresa School — Paisley Retzler
- St. Michael’s School — Kate Pagas
- St. Francis Xavier School — Berklyn Bohrn
- St. Louis School — Leigha Pancoast
- École St John Paul II — Inara Merrick
- Notre Dame Academy — Ryleigh Jackiw