Principles of Practice
In our ministry we are called, always and everywhere, to:
- Model Christ
- Strive for Excellence
- Build Community
Translating Ideas into Actions
We are called to model Christ
- Christ's life and teaching serve as our foundation.
- We provide an education based on the teachings of Christ:
- What would Jesus do? How did He act when faced with challenge or adversity?
- We look for the lesson in every situation.
- Empty yourself of your "self".
- We make time for prayer.
- We provide a Christian environment.
- We nurture each student in a positive, caring, and safe learning environment.
- We work out of love not fear.
- We are constant in our love and actions.
- We ensure the equality of opportunity for each child and a respect for individual differences.
We are called to be Prayerful
- Prayer brings us into a better relationship with God and others.
- It is a way of life in our Catholic faith.
- Our Catholic faith permeates our buildings in actions and symbols.
- We celebrate the traditions of Church.
We are called to Service
- Service is an extension of modelling Christ.
- We need to celebrate our ability to serve.
- We find joy in service. It is in giving that we receive.
- Teachers are faith leaders, modelling Christian values.
- We practice Christian Leadership.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- We encourage our students to practice Christian service.
- We need to increase the level of awareness of the service we do already.
- We can perform different kinds of service.
We are called to Strive for Excellence
- Excellence is essence of who we are.
- It fits with our vision and mission.
- It is about reaching individual potential - being the best we can be.
- Our schools promote spiritual, physical, academic, emotional and social development, which allows students to achieve their individual potential.
- Facilitating opportunities for growth and promoting best teaching practices.
- Opportunity to live what we believe.
We are called to Build Community
- Building community is an extension of our Mission and our faith.
- Building community sets the stage for everything else we do.
- Our students are supported by parents, parish and community.
- Our schools work together for the benefit of the Division.
- Our schools welcome all.
- We need relationships and networks to face the challenges we have.
- Working together we can do more.
- Community shows us we need each other and that we can seek out support.
- We can build on the strengths of others.